Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My calling in life is not a cake decorator.

If I ever would have the desire to give up my job as a graphic designer and become a cake designer instead, I can now put that idea to rest. Today is our 3rd wedding anniversary and I thought I'd make a cake to celebrate (I also happen to be craving cake-how convenient, right?). I think I make cupcakes that are out of this world, so a cake wouldn't be too much different, or so I thought. WRONG. My cake looks like a 6th grade home-ec project that was nibbled on by hungry mice. I like making things that are pretty, so this is a little bit of a disappointment. I know it will taste great, but somehow I imagined it looking more like the cake we had on our wedding day- perfect fondant, with pearls and swirls. Um... yeah, not so much. Go ahead and laugh if you feel compelled.

And for the record: white cake on top, dark chocolate on bottom with a cream cheese frosting and sprinkles.
I also thought I would share a few pictures of us through the years. We've changed a lot in over 6 years!
This was one of our first pictures we ever took. Tidbit: Jon used to wear crazy matching jump-suit outfits and I'm happy to report that he doesn't anymore =)!

We used to have family in Florida, so we took advantage and went to Disney several times!

One of my sorority formals I dragged him to.

This was at the Melting Pot shortly after we were married, I believe. Now we just make our own fondue at home!

And then we welcomed a baby boy into our family! This was taken on Christmas when Cameron was just 3 weeks old! =)


And our most recent family picture, taken on Easter. We've come a long way, and have a long ways to go! I can't wait to see what the next year brings!

6 comments:

Samantha said...

I had seen this and meant to tell you how GOOD it looks! (Dark chocolate cake!?) Seriously.. I was wanting cake all night after reading this! I don't have a convenient excuse to make a cake though :(

Kristen said...

it did make me giggle but that's ok! It was the thought that counts right!? I've made some pretty interesting cakes myself!

Meredith said...

I am cracking up about the matching jumpsuits! All those pictures are great!

Joi said...

Girl, I did lol when I saw that cake. You are too funny...but I bet it tasted dang good. : )

You and your husband are so cute and I hope your anniversary was terrific!!

Little Lovables said...

I love seeing how couples progrss throughout the years, so cute!

And my cakes usually turn out pretty bad too... but it sounds like it is going to taste amazing, and that's the important part!

leah @maritalbless said...

Oh my gosh. If I could even love you more, love that cake and your reform on J's clothing choices!

Happy Anniversary to such a beautiful couple and wonderful family!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin