Thursday, June 2, 2011

Of past and present.

11 years ago I was a junior in high school and rocked a great part time job at American Eagle. I didn't make a dime there because my minimum wage paychecks went right back to the company in exchange for a closet full of clothes. I was stylin' (or so I thought).

My first year I was an employee there, my manager hosted the annual Christmas party at her and her husband's house. It was there that I first laid my googly eyes on what I could only dream would be my future husband. This tall, muscle-y guy (he was my managers brother-in-law) was at the party for a very short time, but my eyes were locked on him for the entire duration of his attendance. Did he notice me? Heck no he didn't. I was just a teenager a few weeks shy of turning 17, and he must have been in his early twenties- a big age difference at the time.

The next time I saw my manager at work, I told her that I thought he was really cute, and from then we always joked about us being sisters if me and this hot guy ever got married.
Oh! Today, we're sisters. =)
Years went by after that Christmas party. I finished high school and entered college, and I had a few relationships over that time that never turned serious. Just after my 20th birthday, I was still working at American Eagle and my manager decided to set me and her brother-in-law up on a date, and well... the rest as they say, is history. 7 years and 2 beautiful kids later, we're celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary. I couldn't be more happy with where we've been and where we are going (hopefully to the new house we put an offer in just a few hours ago!!). I'm excited to see what our 5th year brings us!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, what a great story!! Love it. Happy Anniversary! You two are a beautiful couple.

Joi said...

What a sweet story! Congrats to you both! : )

DianeTaylor said...

Awwww - that is a great story, Leslie - happy 4th anniversary - and wooohooo on putting in an offer. I hope it works out the way you want :)

leah @maritalbless said...

Leslie, I don't think I ever knew this story! Thank you for sharing. Congratulations! God has certainly blessed you two! Must mean He loves AE too. ;)

Kristen said...

what a fun story! Happy Anniversary!

Melissa said...

you have such a sweet love story! =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin