Monday, October 17, 2011

My little artist.

It's always been a hobby of mine to paint, color and draw. For as long as I can remember, I've loved coloring in books and been obsessed with crayons and other mediums. (Heck, my favorite field trip when I was in elementary school was to The Crayola factory, which I still remember very well.) I took my passion to college and earned a degree in graphic design, but to this day I really enjoy getting off the computer and designing pretty things on paper.
Someone else seems to be sharing my passion- my little Cameron. As soon as Kylie goes down for her morning nap, Cameron is usually begging for the art box containing all of our art supply goodies. Most days we color. Some days our arms are completely covered with paint and cleanup involves a bath. I've really gotten past my "oh, lets not get messy!" attitude and let Cameron explore whatever he wants as long as he's sitting at our dining table.


Recently I was looking for ideas for art to hang in the hallway of the kids bedrooms, when I realized the best art source was my little artist that's been painting up a storm. Enter some cheap frames from Michael's, and up went Cameron's artwork on display.

I hung four frames so that when Kylie is old enough to join in, they can each have two. I love that Cameron has his own little gallery here (instead of taking up real estate all over the fridge doors) and I love that we can switch it whenever the mood strikes or a new masterpiece is made.
Who knows if he will grow up and have a passion for art as I do, but for now, I enjoy that I can share my hobby with him!

4 comments:

DianeTaylor said...

Hi Leslie - what a cute idea!!! I love this - does Cameron know that those are his paintings?? I'll bet it makes him feel extra special that you put them in a real frame instead of on a magnet on the fridge. Me - I can't draw a stick figure so he beats me by a mile - ha ha!

Have a great day!!

~dt~

Coley said...

What a great idea! I love how they look so professional and fresh in those mattes. Love it :)

Sarah said...

Awesome! They look so good, love the small square opening with wide mat. He is so handsome!!! Its great to think that he may have inherited your artistic talent...yay!

Lucky Girl said...

Those looks great! Like Sarah I really like how you matted them. Cameron must feel so proud when we walks by that wall :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin