Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Weekend Happenings...

I know, I know, it's Tuesday. And if I were a religious blogger, I would have brought this post to you on Sunday evening. My deepest apologies shall be extended upon you.

Sunday night, Jon and I attended a "vow renewal" reception for the parents of one of my good college friends. They were married 20 years ago, but didn't really have a proper wedding, so they had a private ceremony Sunday followed by huge open-bar reception. It was such a blast! They are so young at heart and their example of marriage is one to live up to!




Here's the "bride and groom" dancing the night away! They are so gracious- they insisted my baby shower be held at their home (thrown by my 2 friends).


My two sorority sisters from college-- they will be throwing my shower! They are smarty-pantses' too- both are in law school.



Jon was trying to steal the bride!!

These girls were my roomates for 3 years in college.


Jon kept trying to reach into the side of my dress. I kept smacking his hand away but he informed me that he was just "trying to feel the baby." Right....

In other news, I got the nursery completely painted, but came to the conclusion that I don't really like it. The bottom half is perfect, but the green is far too bright, and not the "feel" I was aiming for. So I'll be repainting the top half to a lighter, more subtle green color this week.


4 comments:

leah @maritalbless said...

The vow renewal looks like it was a blast! I had to lol at the pic of J trying "to touch the baby!"

I love the beginnings of the nursery!

Kathy said...

what are you talking about? I love that green. This weekend was such a blast I hope they renew their vows again next year!

kari said...

The nursery is too cute already. Though I agree with the top green being too bright, can't wait to see more pictures!

Abby said...

You guys are too cute!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin