1. Fishing. He loves to fish. Early in our relationship, he lived in a house where he could literally walk out of his back door and throw his fishing poll into the creek (same creek he lost AND found his wedding ring) and catch a 20 lb catfish. I could have walked out there naked while he was fishing, and he would never notice. Back then, I often took 2nd place in his life, next to fishing. =)
2. Talking about Fishing. If you know or have met a true fisherman, the subject is likely to come up in a conversation. He'll talk your ear off about fishing, and about the "would-have-been-state-record" catch that got away.
3. Family. And with a family as big as his, there's a lot to love.
4. Mowing/weed-eating/anything yard related. After he gets done mowing (which is often more than the yard really needs) He will ask me to come outside to the back porch and admire how perfect the lines in the grass are. He'll then usually say something like "I did a good job, huh?"
How fitting, that as I write this post I can hear him edging the yard, providing me with a perfect photo opportunity.
5. His pregnant wife.
6. Potatoes. He loves 'em, and I hate 'em. We're a perfect match because at restaurants, he gets my portion.
7. Reptiles. When we were first dating, he had 2 leopard geckos, a tokei gecko, 2 bearded dragons (which we're in the process of finding loving homes for) and an alligator. I had to (lightly) put my foot down to get rid of most of these creatures, but I know better when it comes to the alligator. We still have him, and someday when he passes on to gator heaven, he will make a great little purse for me.
Your turn! Post a few things that your significant other loves.