Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I got a ticket today.

A flipping speeding ticket. I was just thinking the other day how it's been YEARS since I've had one, and because I'll be turning 25 in a few months, my insurance would plummet. I guess I can kiss that hope goodbye.
The scenario: Jon and I had just left the doctors office, and we were meeting my mom and sister for lunch. I was driving in a separate car behind Jon, and decided to take what I thought would be a quicker route (so I could "beat" him to the restaurant- we're competitive like that). Well, I hit a 30mph zone, and continued to roll at 40mph. And there stood a sneaky old cop standing on the side of the road, radar gun in hand. He flagged me over. I then pulled onto a side street where there were 3 COPS lined up, waiting to give a ticket to a pretty little girl like me. He didn't even ask me why I was speeding; I could have been in labor, mind him. Nope, no mercy for the pregnant lady. He handed me that little sheet of paper, and thanked me for complying. "NO, thank YOU for ruining my day" I should have responded. Stupid cop. 40mph isn't even speeding, technically. Right? Stupid cop.

3 comments:

Meredith said...

I've always heard it's safe to do 10 over as long as you're not in a school zone. Though, a cop friend (isn't that an oxymoron?) told me that he has a saying:

"9 you're fine, 10 you're mine."

mindy said...

yep, leslie, I agree with meredith, 9 your fine, not 10, dear. sorry, you totally should have faked labor, how priceless!

Kathy said...

that sucks, I was excited for my 25th birthday discount as well and then I got a ticket for going 35 in a school zone (where fines are triple!) last month. I was so ticked! I'm going to court next week to fight it, wish me luck.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin