Thursday, October 23, 2008

...Speaking of Starbucks

At the Starbucks near my work, there is this girl who is always working the drive-thru window on my lunch hour. I know this girl; yet I could never seem to remember where it was that I recognized her from. I couldn't place her for the life of me, and it was very clear that she didn't recognize me the least bit. Weeks pass, and I was still struggling to figure out why this girl looked so familiar to me. As I pull up to the drive thru window today, it finally hit me; the reason I didn't recognize her because she had all of her clothes on. (Stick with me here.) The last time I saw this girl she was fully naked, standing on a white platform, and her tall, slender frame was being sketched by twenty-some odd students in a college Life Drawing class. I was one of those students. In fact, I have 3 figure drawings of her hanging in my guest bathroom... Small world, wouldn't you say?

Sketches of naked starbucks girl.

All these thoughts were running through my head. Should I say Hi? "Hi, I think you were in one of my classes. You may not remember me, but I remember you..." Ask her what she's been up to? "Soooo... are you still nude modeling?" Nah. I think I will just let her keep making my coffee and let the anonymity between us remain so.

3 comments:

Mommy2SerenityL said...

HahA! That is toooo funny. Quite akward.

hopeful #1 said...

Strange yet very cool, for you. Not her.

How weird and funny for her though... You should've left the drive thru yelling, I've seen you naked! :)

mrs.leah.maria said...

I literally laughed out loud reading this and had to share with Tony!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin