Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Lets pretend for a minute it's still Monday.

I'm sure most of you would rather not rewind, but I gave myself a Monday deadline to get those baby shower invites done- and that didn't happen. So, if we all just pretend that it's still Monday, then I'm cool, right? I actually posted the invite on The Nest and got some great feedback and made a few minor changes based on the feedback I got!
So, if you got this in the mail, would you want to come?
The paper has a nice shimmer to it, so I thought about making some natural highlights on the stork's body with a little glitter.
I'm a firm believer that an invitation sets the mood for the upcoming event. They should make people excited and want to attend! I don't know about you, but anytime I get a stellar wedding invitation, it makes me that much more excited to go and see the presentation of everything else. Maybe that's the designer in me, my obsession with attention to details. Take for instance, this handmade invitation. There is no way I would pass that party down. See what I mean?

In other news, I've got some very exciting news that I'm dying to share with someone. I'm not going to tell just yet -in case it falls through-, but I'll go ahead and say that it doesn't involve Bambino #2 (c'mon, I know that's what you were thinking!), but does involve a new step in my career. Regarding the news, I could definitely use your thoughts and prayer for wisdom and God's direction. Of course, I'll keep you updated!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

They invites are gorgeous, Leslie!! I'd definitely come to the shower. ;)

And I'll be sending T&P your way in regards to the career!

Jen | Our Life Accounts said...

Amazing work yet again! I love them and would definitely come to the shower! Would you consider designing bridal shower invites? Let me know! I am dying to hire you for some nursery designs but that requires the house to be done and liveable :) hopefully soon!

Kristen said...

I love how we always assume that if someone has some big news to share that it's a bambino! lol Invite looks great!

Sarah said...

They look awesome!! So cute! I'm glad that "baby shower" looked goon on the second line...yay! Can't wait for the career news - does it involve etsy or some other form of selling your art?

Leslie G said...

Sarah- no, it doesn't. ;) It actually involves my current job- and it will be something else I get to "add" to my resume! Now are you confused?

Mrs. McB said...

Love the invites!!! Very cute!

You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Becky said...

Invites look great!! Sending T&P your way. :)

Meredith said...

These look gorgeous!

Yeah, I'll admit, when I saw "big news", my first thought was "baby!"

Freckles Chick said...

Heck yes I'd come to this party if I received this invite in my mail. I'd come even if I WASN'T invited but your lovely invites really make the occasion. AH-mazing!

I'm excited to hear about your career path!

(The little man is growing so fast--so stinkin' adorable, I can hardly stand it.)

Karen At Home Blog said...

The invites are beautiful Leslie! I would presonally come if I received one of those! :)

Karen

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin