- Bake/cook. The weather is finally cooling down, and I'm ready to fire up my oven. I'll be making some cookies for the husband to take on the road next week, and I also plan on dusting off the crockpot for some good ol' comfort food- taco soup.
- Craft. I'm going to finish up the invites for my sister in law's baby shower. They are coming along really well and are so adorable! I'm going to try and put one together and show you guys the end result on Monday.
- Gardening. Just some minor tidying in the garden- weed pulling, dead-heading and some trimming.
- Meal planning. Following Meredith's lead, I want to start planning 3 meals (on Sunday evenings) for the upcoming weeknights. It's a great way to save money at the grocery store, and gone will be the days when we stand in front of the freezer at 6pm, complaining that there's nothing to eat for dinner.
- Cleaning. I worked a few days this last week and you can definitely tell that cleaning took the backseat. We're talking overflowing trash, toys everywhere, and laundry piled so high that it wouldn't surprise me if there were 8-legged creatures lurking in them.
Friday, August 28, 2009
This weekend I plan to channel my inner Martha Stewart a bit. 5 things I'll be doing: