Monday, May 17, 2010

I got nothin'.

We've been having a pretty quiet, somewhat uneventful couple of weeks and I have to say I like it! As you can see though, that has translated in nothing interesting to blog about. March and April were so busy for us, I guess it's nice to have a little down time before our busy summer season (read: birthdays and BBQ's every weekend) hits.
A few updates:
I had a wonderful Mothers Day! Cam and Jon got me a beautiful coral and red hibiscus plant. I can't wait to cut off a bloom and wear it in my hair on a fun date. I also got a couple of hours to lay in bed that afternoon, uninterrupted. It was blissful!

Our 3 year anniversary is coming up in a couple of weeks. Initially we thought we'd go to Vegas for a few nights, but that plan fizzled. Then we considered going to Kansas City for a night, but the closer time gets, we are considering a just staying in town, going to a nice dinner, possibly getting a hotel for the night and letting Cam stay with his Grandma.

My spending freeze is going well! I've only been to Target once in the past couple weeks (as opposed to 5-6 times in a few weeks!) and I have realized that Target is indeed the enemy of my wallet.
Anyway, I promise regular (more interesting) blogging will pick up soon. Have a great week!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Target IS the enemy of the wallet! Now that I'm a SAHM, I have to stay away from there and save our budget, LOL.

Looking forward to more posts! :)

Kristen said...

but target is so much fun!!!!

Tamara said...

What a beautiful plant! And, good job on the spending freeze, you're doing great it sounds like!

Meredith said...

Target was right next to my work, but is really far from our house...which has been a BLESSING!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I always go to Target with like two things on my list and end up with a cart full of cute stuff that ends up costing us!

A trip to KC would be awesome. I have recommendations for hotels and restaurants if you want!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin