Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Snippets.

Yesterday we celebrated Jon's 31st birthday. We went to eat dinner at a Japanese hibatchi- style grill like we did last year, and I made fondue on Sunday evening (his yearly birthday dinner request). I also made a Snickers bar cheesecake which was so delicious. (I really love spoiling him with food!)
My sister is now making pure homemade vanilla and selling it in her Etsy shop. If you bake, you definitely need some- that "pure" vanilla you buy in stores is full of corn syrup and water. If you don't bake, but know someone who does, it would make a fantastic gift. Christmas is just around the corner, you know! =)

Label design by yours truly!

Cameron's bed is coming along slowly but surely. After he climbed out of his crib last week, we knew we had to find a solution fast, so I put his bookshelf on hold and built his bed in 5 hours Friday night. The stain however, will not dry. The first coat has been drying for about 4 days now, and is still pretty tacky. We're staining it in the basement where it's cooler and dryer, as there is NO way it would ever dry outdoors in this humidity. I will say that, the bed is the cutest thing I've seen in my life and I can't wait to show you guys! In the meantime, we turned his crib around (since the back is higher) and it seems to be working for now.

6 comments:

Kacie said...

This doesn't have anything to do with this post, but I just wanted to say YAY for everything going well at the doctor's office the other day. Are you having a harder time getting your energy back this time? I feel exhausted most days and I really hoped that part would be over by now. Boo. Oh well! Hope you're doing well!

Nicole said...

I was wondering how progress with the bed was coming. I stained base boards last summer, in the garage, and it was miserable! The basement sounds like a much better plan.

Love the vanilla...will have to keep that in mind!

Meredith said...

I have wanted to make vanilla extract for awhile now!

Also, I think you should share your cheesecake recipe!

Joi said...

Fun stuff! Happy birthday to your hubby and can't wait to see Cam's bed!

One Flip Chic.... said...

Hi...new to following your blog. The fondue sounds sooo good...I will have to try it!

Lisa said...

I had to come visit your blog after I read your comment on Buena Vida. KY Jelly---that's ridiculously hilarious. I expect to be back again. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin