Thursday, May 22, 2008

Ode to my dear sweet Olympus 600.

Preface: my new camera arrived today!

My dear old camera
you've captured many wonderful years;
but the news I'm about to tell you
indeed might bring you to tears.

On my concrete porch today
was a brown package that FedEx dropped;
inside was a shiny new camera
and all its handy props.

That's right-- I've upgraded
to a camera that offers more;
more lenses, more options,
cool functions I can't ignore.

But please, don't panic!
I'll dust you off from time to time;
for an intimate date or a night on the town
you're perfect in that tiny purse of mine.

My dear sweet Olympus
Never have you let me down.
You've served your time, and served it well
so I've chosen to keep you around.

My dear sweet Olympus
this new camera put me into debt!
a thing you must remember, though
is that YOU I will never forget.

3 comments:

leah @maritalbless said...

You are hilarious. I hope the Olympus is let down gently with that wittiness.

I'm so freaking excited for you!

Living the Happily Ever After said...

LOL! And I'm so jealous of your new Nikon I want one so BAD!

Living the Happily Ever After said...

Hey I love that song also, it's so sweet and what good idea for an anniversary CD!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin