Saturday, June 6, 2009

Living Room sneak peak.

I'm just about done with my parent's Living Room re-do. When we started the overhaul back in March, my goal was to have it completed in time for my mom's surprise 60th birthday party (which was TODAY- more on that to come!). It's not complete, but we're pretty close. 
Still to do:
  • hang curtains in dining room (LR and DR are open to each other)
  • getting throw pillows for the couches to bring in color
  • hang large mirror (already purchased) over the couch
  • finding a tray for the ottoman coffee table
  • final decorative touches
Here's a peak of the completed photo wall- I love how it turned out! 

Before: I can't tell you how much I adored looking at pictures of myself holding a fake flower as a wee lad, and my cheesy senior portraits. I shed many, many tears knowing that they were no longer going to be on display. 

After: A little more updated, a little more clean and modern. The lighting here hardly reflects the true wall color (the picture is dark) and frame color (frames are more of a warm pewter, not gold), but it's exactly what I envisioned, and mom likes it. I took all of the pictures in the frames, too.
I'll take more pictures soon- the LR was a little out of order today for the party. Stay tuned!

4 comments:

Stephany said...

that looks great! what a difference =)

Meredith said...

Can't wait to see the whole thing! I'm sure it looks amazing!

Sarah said...

yay! i've been dying to see what you have done with your parents living room!! the new and updated photo wall looks awesome...i love square frames. well done...show us more:)

Audra Laney said...

Love the new wall!! Come over and do my stairwell like that!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin