Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Bringing bad design to justice...

If you stay tuned for long, you'll quickly realize that I love good design. Ads, logos, branding-- good design is what makes me tick. It's in my blood, and if I ever get shot, I'd probably bleed in Pantone color 225 (that's hot pink, for those who are'nt hip to color charts). Anywhoo, my passion for graphic design hasn't always been so passionate. In college, it was more of a love-hate relationship, thanks to a nazi teacher I had for 3 painful years. I'd like to compare her to an onion-- because when she opens her mouth, the tears start pouring, and there's no stopping it. I would'nt dream of going to her class without putting ample time into what was about to be critiqued- and even then, 5 times out of 10, she'd shred your stuff. In a paper shredder. If it was really bad, she would take a lighter to your work, and let it burn in the trash can. (ok, that one is a stretch.)
I've been out of college for over a year now, but I was painfully reminded of her today when I stumbled upon these halarious stickers from design-police.org. Had she known about these, she could have saved herself alot of energy (and that bursted vain on her forehead) dealing with design students. Here's a few of my favorites:

























Maybe I will sent her some for Christmas this year. Or, maybe I'll send them with a monetary alumni contribution to the art and design school.

2 comments:

fioretta said...

I found your blog through the nest... as another designer I LOVED this post! I had two professors who were very similar to yours. I've been out for 5 years now but there's no forgetting those crits! :)

Leslie G said...

Those days were brutal-- I'm glad you can relate!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin